July 31, 2020
You can also read the updated information from the Wisconsin Council of Churches here.
July 24, 2020
Dear Friends in Christ,
“And this is his commandment: We must believe in the name of his Son, Jesus Christ, and love one another, just as he commanded us.” –1 John 3:23
We are living in uncertain times. As your church council, this is our opportunity to provide some clarity in these uncertain times. In June, Council adopted the POPLC Plan for Returning to In-Person Worship and Ministry Opportunities. We are currently in Phase 1 and we will continue to stay In Phase 1 until the criteria in our guidelines has been met. Please refer to the POP Re-Opening Plan.
What does this mean for our church?
· For the continued safety and health of our church community, worship will continue only online. For those who are not online, hard copies and DVD’s of the worship service can be mailed to your home.
· Limited worship staff will continue to work in the church building.
· Pastoral care will be offered through phone calls, Zoom, letters, and email.
· All small groups, teams, Bible study, and Council will continue to meet online.
· Members can reach the office by calling ahead and make an appointment.
· Only essential volunteers, invited by staff, will be allowed in the church building, (i.e., counters, Backpack program). Masks are required, with physical distancing and frequent hand hygiene.
Council would like to say thank you to our pastor, church staff, and congregation for diligence in implementing and following these guidelines under such difficult circumstances. Let us work together as we strive to keep our community safe and healthy. “Remember that the neighbor always comes first and that we do to the least of these who are members of our family in Christ, we do to Christ.” (Matthew 25:40)
Although the church building is closed, worship is still available! We look for creative and safe ways to be community as this virus continues to spike.
1. Have you signed up for communion under the church portico?
Contact the office 715.479.9263 or go to www.princeofpeace-er.org/signups
2. Have you listened to the Bible study podcasts? www.princeofpeace-er.org
4. A hard copy Sunday worship can also be mailed to you as well as Christ in Our Home devotionals. Please contact the office.
5. Sunday worship is also available now on DVD. Contact the office.
If you have concerns or questions regarding the information in this letter or anything else, please feel free to call your council members. We would be glad to hear from you.
Gathered by Grace ~ Sent to Serve.
Prince of Peace Lutheran Church Council
Northern Great Lakes Synod – ELCA Resources
Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation Guidelines