September 25, 2020
Dear Brothers and Sisters in Christ,
On Wednesday, September 23, 2020, the Church Council approved moving to Phase 1.5 of the Prince of Peace Re-Opening Plan. Due to rising case numbers in Forest, Oneida and Vilas counties as well as in the Upper Peninsula, discussions with medical personnel in our communities, and at the recommendation of our Northern Great Lakes Synod office, the Council has decided to have a slower approach to in-person worship than we all have anticipated. Council will continue to assess and re-evaluate based on case numbers.
The Council understands the need for all of us to gather, to reconnect, and be together in community. They also realize that people are at different places due to their own health factors as well as for other reasons. Beginning on Sunday, October 4, 2020, we will have a shortened communion worship service in the Fellowship Hall on the 1st, 3rd, and 5th Sundays of the month from 8:00 -11:30 a.m. It will be similar to what took place on Consecration Sunday. We will gather in groups of no more than four household units, with masks, and socially distant, scheduled every 30 minutes. Weekday communion will be held on the 2nd and 4th Tuesdays and Wednesdays of each month.
Please continue to sign up online at https://princeofpeace-er.org/signups/ or by contacting the church office at 715-479-9263. This helps us with contact tracing, if needed by the Health Department, and by keeping attendance of your worship participation.
There are still a variety of ways for you to continue your relationship with Jesus.
- Have you listened to the Bible study podcasts? www.princeofpeace-er.org/podcasts
- A contemplative Sunday worship is online through YouTube or on the church website: www.princeofpeace-er.org/worship
- A hard copy Sunday worship can also be mailed to you as well as “Christ in Our Home” devotionals. Please contact the office or pick it up during communion.
- Sunday worship is also available now on DVD. Contact the office or pick it up during communion.
- Daily Devotionals and conversation on Facebook at POP Dwelling in the Word at https://www.facebook.com/groups/2125990857661022/.
If you have concerns or questions regarding the information in this letter or anything else, please feel free to call your council members or Pastor Andrea Fluegel. We would be glad to hear from you.
Gathered by Grace ~ Sent to Serve
August 20, 2020
July 31, 2020
You can also read the updated information from the Wisconsin Council of Churches here.
Northern Great Lakes Synod – ELCA Resources
Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation Guidelines